Saturday, March 22, 2014

Round about on our little patch of Earth

Things have been rather kitty-fied around here for a while...


Getting school done is hard when you have cats on your books.


Old Boy Buster spends a lot of his time sleeping but is still confined to the few rooms and isolated from the other animals. He takes up a lot of my time in the evening which used to be gardening time with the other cats :) but its just a season. I think.


Even so, a few things are growing and healthy, mainly thanks to Sam.  This past Friday he prepared the asparagus for winter by cutting them back and composting the ground around. He has also tenderly nurtured the beets, carrots, turnips and spinach he planted 4 weeks ago.



Our coop is done and really nice now...big enough for me not to fret if the girls don't go out for a day. They just wander around and sand bathe, scratch and eat what we give them. They are shut up snug and tight and with winter pushing in on the fronts of the breeze I am glad we made this choice.


And joy of joys - after 5 years of trying to find just the right spot for a granadilla, the 7th and 8th plants I have tried are growing beautifully.


 Little bits and pieces of our lives...how are you doing?


1 comment:

Cameron VSJ said...

Hello Wendy! My wife and I just got done checking out your blog and had a quick question. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks! - Cam