Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blame it on age

Maybe it's because I am getting old :-0 or maybe it's just because I have too much to remember already...but we are planting things and then I am forgetting what it was when I see the shoots appear out of the earth.

So my son has made me some signs so that we can label our plants as we so the seed.



The seeds that we have started to sow in trays are now ready for transplanting which means that this weekend we will sow another set so that we will have new seedlings every 4 weeks.



Besides this we are waiting for our "garden guy's" return so that he can come and remove the bay tree and grass so that we can get moving on the next 4 beds. Winter is here in the Southern Hemisphere and the rain and wind in full force so our days in the garden have been limited.

We have started another compost heap this time only using our peels and leaves...and we have PLENTY of leaves from the Stinkwood that is pelting us with them right now.

2 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

well done to your son :)
Jen

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Thanks Jen for all your encouragement along the way...we really value it!