Friday, January 17, 2014

Chicken meatballs on zucchini "pasta"


I bought myself a new kitchen toy...a vegetable "spiralizer". After a bit of frustration learning to work it, I got the hang of the technique and it churned out some great "pasta" from a medium sized marrow or two.

The big ones that I was hoping to use up don't seem to be "grabbed" by the teeth of the tool if they are sliced length ways.

So no more big marrows - I will harvest the last of the crop medium sized for pasta! We are tired of marrow meals so we are glad it is nearly time to pull the crop up and prepare the beds for a late summer crop.



On to the recipe...this was quick to make and yummy to eat. You can serve the meatballs over normal pasta and it will be just as delicious.

While my zucchini pasta was draining in a colander in the sink I did the following:

2 packets of Funky Chickens chicken mince
1 big bunch of basil chopped
2 cloves of garlic pressed
1 big handful of Parmesan grated
2 eggs
Salt and black pepper

Mixed together in a bowl, shaped into bite sized meatballs and fried until nice and brown. 

I then added the last bottle of the roast tomato sauce, but you can use shop bought Passata or just two cans of chopped peeled tomatoes. 

While these were cooking I flash fried the zucchini pasta in some olive oil and garlic unit just cooked.

Serve with meatballs on top and a sprinkling of Parmesan...Enjoy with a good red wine.


5 comments:

African Bliss said...

Yummy ...looks delicious.

Gina said...

I also have marrows like a python infestation that are about to jump out and grab me by the jugular! Have been gratefully making all your marrow recipes. Where can I get the "spaggetti" maker? Gina

africanaussie said...

What a great idea. Not sure they are avaialable in Australia, but i will look out for them.

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Hi there, you can get it from yuppie chef and they ship internationally! http://www.yuppiechef.com/gefu.htm?id=6785&name=Gefu-Spirelli-Spiral-Julienne-Slicer

han_ysic said...

I got mine from house in australia africanaussie, was about $40. They're great! We do carrots as well!