Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Using up past fruit

We buy a lot of fruit from our veggie man who comes to our door weekly, but sometimes we don't get to it all. so instead of throwing it away when it is just past I have found a few standby recipes that I can add them too.

Pears, apples and guavas go into a crumle like this one:

Mix together 1 cup oats, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar (I use xylitol), 1t cinnamon, 1t mixed spice together then rub in 125g butter til crumbly. Grate apple with skin. Place half the crumble mixture in the bottom of a oven dish, place the apple on top then the other half of the mixture. Bake for 45mins at 190 deg C. Serve with custard.



Bananas go into banana bread or muffins. I have a banana chocolate cake that I do too, but tonight I made them into banana choc chip muffins.



I try to do all my baking when my oven has to go on for dinner, that way I don't heat up the oven for just one thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.