Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What's to eat?

I love looking to see what we can eat in the evenings. Last year round this time I had not prepared in advance so most of my veggies were still in the early stages. This year I was a little wiser than before so I planted my winter veggies earlier.

Tonight we could choose between...



Red Cabbage or......



Baby cabbage.



We have about 12 broccoli plants which still need a few weeks but all have fist size heads. Spinach and carrots, peas, turnips, radish, beets, corainder and chives...all these could offer us some of a meal tonight.

4 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Yum, we like red and white cabbage so it would be a toss up which would be tonight and which tomorrow night. Yours looks great.

Lois

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful choice - and I'm soooo behind this year - hopefully I'll have something to eat from my winter garden before the turn of the season!

Chris said...

Isn't it great to go 'shopping' in your own garden! Our broccoli are the same size as yours, but we aren't having much luck with germinating carrots this year..only one bed took. Your vegies all look delicious.

Nekkid Chicken said...

I would love to be a silent lurker in your world. I like your last post to on giving back.

Thanks for sharing,
Mal