Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Precious Baby Lamb

When I was a kid my mom had a cat. She was this big fat tortoise shell feline. Topsy was given preference in everything! If she was on a chair we had to find another! My mom treated her so special that she eventually got the nickname "Precious Baby Lamb".

I swore as a kid I would never do that to a pet...oh dear, never say never! About 3 years ago we rescued a puppy from the side of the road. She had mange and fleas for eyebrows and was way to young to be away from her mum.

This pup crawled into everyone's hearts and yes, she is now known in our home as Precious Baby Lamb!!!




Yesterday we made some dog biscuits for the dogs...of course there were special shapes for PBL aka Lucky.

I got my recipe from http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/ which is:

"Homemade dog biscuits/treats
2 cups water mixed with 2 tablespoons Vegemite OR two cups beef or chicken stock. This can be homemade or from stock powder.
1 cup bread or plain/all-purpose flour
2 cups wholemeal or rye flour
1 cup rolled oats or instant oats
½ cup powdered milk
1 teaspoon yeast

If you want to add Omega 3, add 2 teaspoons of flax seed oil or emu oil to the mix.

Please note: The biscuits will get their flavour from the liquid you use. If your dog likes vegemite, use that, if your dog likes beef or chicken, use the stock option."



I made the dough in my faithful breadmachine and baked them then let them dry out in the oven for an hour. The dogs loved them!

No comments: