Friday, February 12, 2010

Feeding my tastebuds!

I had hoped to post a few more times this week, but life has been too full to do it. But tonight I decided to harvest my rhubarb...I love it with something sweet...a couple of weeks ago we made strawberry and rhubarb crumble and the plants have now grown another massive pile of stems for us!



We used 1/3 of this for Jamie Oliver's creme brule...this time we had a whole lot more rhubarb lining our bowls.



I know rhubarb is an acquired taste, but with something custardy and sweet...there is nothing like it! The remaining stalks I am going to make some rhubarb and blueberry jam.

2 comments:

Linnie said...

Yummy! This look delicious!
We love rhubarb and Jamie Oliver's recipes!
Have a blessed weekend, Wendy!

Deb said...

I love rhubarb and so does the rest of the family. I haven't got any rhubarb growing here yet.