Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just perfect!

I just had to share this with you all! This is 1 of the 2
Ghost Rider pumpkins that we grew in our compost this year. We had about 4 that looked hopeful but only two made it to full size, the others dropped off.

We are not huge pumpkin eaters but there is so much you can do with pumpkin so we are chuffed to have them. I also have 2 Austrian Oil pumpkins for winter.


But this one just looks like the "perfect" pumpkin....it's in my kitchen to admire as I pass.

4 comments:

Linda Foley said...

How neat is that?!?!?

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Wendy, you should try roasting pumpkin slices, sprinkle a little castor sugar over and a few drops of olive oil.
otherwise large diced pieces of pumpkin with whole potatoes, onion, garlic, parsnips and carrots, roasted in the oven.

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Very cool, Linda!

Rina, thanks for that recipe...sounds deeelicious!

Jackie said...

Wow - I hope I can grow something like that soon - it's awesome!