Saturday, December 4, 2010

A fighting chance

I thought I would give a quick update on the new area. After 3 days of sowing the lucerne, green fuzz was starting to show.



I am itching to get planting but I need to let it grow to a decent length so that I can turn it in as green manure.



Yesterday I bought a tripod which I want Superman to copy and make a few more for the other beds. I hope to grow cucumbers, loofahs and butternut up them.

This morning at 7am I took all my "Ladies In Waiting" and sowed seeds in anticipation of the new beds being ready in about 3 weeks time. I sowed 40 sweet corn, lots of loofahs, cucumbers, marrows and butternut.



I realized after filling the 40 pots that I need 40 more, so will get busy on those this evening.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Your plant frame looks so very sturdy compared to the commercial wire ones that are available for tomatoes. Even for tomatoes the wire ones are sometimes not sturdy enough.