Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blueberries and panecotta

When Superman and I went to London in 2007 for a short 6 day stay, I arranged for us to have a meal at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen. It was here that we tasted the gentle flavours of a panecotta for the first time.

I have tried to make panecotta once before, but I never allowed enough time for them to set. This time it worked!


Warm 600ml of milk with the contents of one vanilla pod and 200g of castor sugar.

Put 4 leaves of sheet gelatin into some cold water to soften.

As soon as the milk begins to bubble remove from heat and stir in the squeezed out gelatin. Stir to dissolve, set aside to cool.

When cooled completely add 200ml of plain yoghurt. Put into moulds. I used silicone muffin trays. Allow to set in the fridge for 4 hours.

I have lots of frozen blueberries so I made a light syrup with blueberries, lemon juice and castor sugar. Once the panecottas were turned out I put a tablespoon of the blueberries around them. Delicious!

6 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Oooooh, that looks so good!

Tami said...

Oooo...Yummy! I've never tasted panecotta either. Funny how you always see it on all the cooking shows and everybody either raves or slams how they were made. It sounds simple enough.

I'm just now working up the courage to make a scratch cheescake.

dixiebelle said...

Yum! That looks great...

Grant said...

This looks so yummy. Where do you get the leaf gelatine? Could I use gelatine powder?

Kristin said...

I've never even heard of that but NUM!
Blessings,
Kristin

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Hi Cath, I got my leaf gelatin from Checkers. I am not sure how granules will work!?!