Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Superb Zucchini Risotto

I am loathe to say, but I think I have harvested my last marrow for the season. There are no new flowers since Sunday and it may be time to pull these plants up. They produced prolifically for us this summer. The picture below is what they looked like in January.

We ate marrow at least 5 times a week in fritters, bread, salads, roasted, fried or in stews. On top of this I have about 20 bags of frozen grated marrow to use through the winter. These plants were the true winners this summer.

On Sunday evening I tried a recipe for Zucchini Risotto and it was truly superb. The lemon was just the right thing to add!

3 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

The zucchini dish looks wonderful!

africanaussie said...

I am just getting ready to plant zuchini and hope mine does as well as yours did. I have saved that recipe just in case I need it!

Ali said...

In an attempt to have a super successful zucchini season this year, I have been planting them like a mad women! I haven't had a lot of luck with them though - do you have any secrets??? Hopefully I will get enough this year to try your recipe, last year I had a whole lot of plant, but not exactly a matching amount of fruit!