I seem to be dropping more balls than I am catching at the moment and ended up at lunch time with no bread for the hungry hordes! I didn't have time to use yeast so made up this quick bread....
Here is how to do it...
1. Run out to the spinach patch to cut a colander of spinach...give the holey ones to the chickens.
2. Steal two eggs from under the chicken while making sure she doesn't peck you.
3. Wash & chop the spinach and then wilt it in a pan on the stove.
4. Measure 500g of flour.
5. Grate 250 ml of cheese and some extra to top the loaf.
6. Mix together the two eggs with 250ml water and 125ml olive oil.
7. In a bowl mix together the flour, 1 heaped tablespoon of baking powder and the grated cheese and 1 t salt.
8. Add the wilted spinach and the wet ingredients.
9. Put into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and remaining cheese.
10. Bake at 180 deg C for 40 mins while reading to the children to take their minds off their hungry tummies.
Cut and enjoy with fresh avo, chicken mayo, cream cheese or just butter!