Thursday, June 9, 2011

Super Simple Apple Crumble

Whenever I have fruit that is not as crisp as it once was, I like to make it into something. Bananas go into banana muffins or bread or even into pancakes...apples, pears and guavas always seem to go into some form of pudding.

This super simple crumble is our favourite served with custard.

Mix together 2 cups flour and 100g soft butter. Cut in until it resembles bread crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar.


Press half the mixture into the base and sides of a deep pie dish. Peel and slice as many apples as you want to fill the dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.


Pour the other half crumble mixture over the apples. Bake at 180 deg C until the edges brown.



It's quick and easy and very tasty.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it was delish Mom!

Juanita said...

RE: Comment above...The highest praise is always from one's own people :-)

I do so love making apple crumbles. They are so gratifying in their simplicity, speed, and healthiness (relatively speaking).

I too like to keep the apple slices nice and rusticly chunky!

Reginas Cottage said...

hi
your apple crumble makes my mouth watering.
have a nice day,
regina

Sonja said...

your apple crumble looks delicious!! I am definitely going to try it!

Lois Evensen said...

My goodness, that looks good. I look forward to getting home to my kitchen next month!

Sunday hugs,
Lois

team ecoSycle said...

they look yum. I have to bake for my lil one.