Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sprouted seeds

Science says that if you plant a seed in soil and give it water and light it will grow...

I did expect this to happen, we were hoping for 5 days...we got sprouted seeds in 3. I planted in trays on Saturday and last night when we opened to water we found the kale, cucumber, and Swiss Chard already saying hello.

KALE


CUCUMBER



Just before this blog post I went to look again and my beet is up as well as some of my heirloom tomatoes and some of the loofahs....how exciting, I just had to share!

2 comments:

Tara_LB said...

The first sign or sprouts is fun isn't it? :) By the way-if you are a gardening nerd (like me) and have the time you shuld totally check out www.myfolia.com. I'm not spammig you or anything-it really is an awsome site :)
Just one question, where did you find your heirloom seeds in SA? I know about livingseeds and have got stuff from them-but if you know of another place do share?!
Cheers
Tara

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Hi there

I used some from Living Seeds as well as from The Gravel Garden in Somerset West - contact Shannon thegravelgarden at telkomsa dot net... is her email. Just replace the at with @ and the dot with a dot :-)