Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

This week has been a rough one for me and two of my children. Out of nowhere, they got sick. It moved from nose to chest very quickly and made them feel really miserable.

I decided to use an old wives recipe and do the "chicken broth thing" which is meant to help with bunged up repsiratory tracts.

I always roast two chickens on the weekend to use during the week for lunches and one dinner and normally treat big white dog with the bones. Not so this week!

Garden fresh veggies went into the pot with the bones and water. I boiled this until the bones were supremely soft, then removed all the bones and most of the veggies. I seasoned it and they sipped the broth.

I then added some more flavorings, the chicken bits that were left on the bones and made a batch of noodles. This became lunch for all of us. Yum.

I have also been treating them with a nasturtium tea infusion as well as a ginger, honey and lemon tea. I am happy to report they are up and better...enough so to go to movies yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family jokingly call our chicken soup "Jewish Penicillin" and my mom's recipe is famous for all sorts of cures!
Excellent accrued benefits with all the meals you created along with your cures! I'm glad everyone is better.
Have a great week!

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, yum. That soup looks wonderful and I am not even sick.