Friday, October 29, 2010

My Herbal Journey

When I started this blog it was simple to keep a diary of how we were going to tackle growing our own veggies. It moved into green, frugal living, then onto living life with a gentle footprint.

All along the way I have found more rabbit trails to go down - canning, freezing and preserving...cooking from scratch...saving water and the list goes on.

About a year ago I started looking at herbs. I have always loved herbs in my cooking and this is where my learning curve has been. Recently my interest in other areas of herbs has been sparked. I want to learn about the aromatic and medicinal properties of herbs.

I have dabbled a little here and there and tried some simple remedies over the last few months, but now I feel that I am ready to jump in with a splash. I have signed up at Herb Mentor for a self directed study of herbs and am most excited about what I have learnt in the last 2 weeks.

I have also started a herb blog for anyone to follow as I dig into this topic a little more. Feel free to pop over to my new blog and join as a follower if you want to wander down this path with me.

No comments: