Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My new toy

I have wanted a vacuum sealer for a long time. I was hoping to buy one towards the end of summer to use for my corn and beans that I hope to freeze.



Then Superman came home with 7kgs of tuna...and that was a good enough excuse.



Once it was all trimmed we made the bags with the seal function.



Sealed them up and put them in the freezer, bar for a steak for each of us which once cooked slightly we eat with my fresh salsa. Simply chop 2 tomatoes, a bunch of coriander, 1 onion and 1 red pepper and mix. I serve the chili seperately for tender mouths!



I like my new toy, I am sure it will come in handy in Autumn too.

4 comments:

Sonja said...

That is a handy tool to have!

Linda Foley said...

Oh ya I love vacuum sealers! I don't have one now, but I sure wish I did!

Anonymous said...

I have wanted one for a long time. I am sure I would get a lot of use out of it.

Melanie

Deb said...

I have a vaccuum sealer too and it is a good investment. I use it all the time. I have a new toy too it is a KitchenAid mixer and have used it every day this week. Enjoy your toy.