Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My garden challenge

We brought winter back with us from the mountains on Sunday! The icy cold weather set in on Sunday and the rain followed yesterday.

In a break in the rain I rushed out with my camera to take two photos of our garden as it stands. We have been so busy tying up the last week of schooling that my garden has been neglected for the last few weeks.


I managed to get some peas planted about 3 weeks ago and they are popping up. But besides those, I have mainly been eating from the garden.



Our broad beans are starting to flower...can't wait for them to mature so I can cook them!



We still have cabbage, beets, carrots, turnips, corainder,cauliflower and broccoli to eat from. I am quite anxious to eat up the cauli, broccoli and cabbage to make space for another winter planting of broad beans and peas....sounds like a hearty winter soup is called for!

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, winter soup is wonderful. My Mom used to make great hearty winter meals. My husband, born in Norway, loves them, too. How great that you can go out into your garden to get the ingredients. :)

Tanya Murray said...

The garden is still looking wonderful. I have been catching up on a bit of reading today and read through your latest posts and have been feeling ashamed of my lazy few weeks!